Friday, February 7, 2014

Trying my hand at typography...

Hi! My second post of the day! I think I am a bit impressed with myself!

I made this card for my brother-in-law's wedding anniversary. The sketch is from Retro Sketches #100.



The colour palette is from Dynamic Duo's DD#88 - Red & Teal.



And my take on this is...


Supplies used are handmade paper in white, red and teal blue. The embossing folder is Daisy and Swirls from Itsy Bitsy

I embossed the white handmade paper and then dry brushed with Hobby Ideas pearl colours in shades of blue. The tiny red sequins add a pop of colour.

Here is a close up of the embossing.


For the word art panel, I typed out a list and then applied various fonts till I got a good mix of styles. The names of the recipients are coloured with red sketch pen.


Some red grosgrain ribbon and stitching lines with a white gel pen complete the card.

Here is a close up...


Entering this in the following challenges:

Retro Sketches - #100
I used their lovely sketch

Used the colour palette

I think my card qualifies since the embossing has both dots and tiny hearts.












That is all from me for now.

Love,
Nan


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the embossing
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the embossing is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, great embossing! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool! I love the embossing and all of the different fonts really make the card! Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete