Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A masculine card...

Hi! I am here today with a masculine card. The card is based on the inspiration pic at the Create Something Catchy Challenges: CSCC #3.

I was very inspired by the colour palette and also the layers of garments. But what really caught my eye was the design of the shirt fabric. So here is my take on this pic.


I tried to create the look of the shirt fabric using the dip dyeing technique with a thin mulberry paper in cream.


The cream card stock has a subtle texture, which is unfortunately not visible in the pics. I gave it a curve to mimic the look of the jacket.


The sentiment is stamped using a Micia stamp set and purple ink from Faber Castell. The small buttons  from my stash which I saved from old shirts were the final touch.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Create Something Catchy Challenges
CSCC #3

Stampavie and More
Challenge #211 - Boys

Casual Fridays
CFC131 - Three Thirds
I used 3 buttons

A rather quick and simple card which is perfect for a guy. Would love to hear what you think of it.

Love,
Nan

11 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful idea..thanks for sharing with CsCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..your cards have interesting techniques always Nandini !! I loved the dying technique n effect is wow..Fab card !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Cute interesting card Nandini :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I love the colors! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge!

    Hugs, Marja
    Stampavie and More DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dip dyeing technique is a new thing I learned from you Nandini, love it. Have to give it a try :) Thank you for sharing with CSCC !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brillaint take on the pic Nandini.Thanks so much for sharing at CSCC#3. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool technique. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dip dyeing technique on paper is something very unique Nandini. Beautiful card!And the cure is very beautiful and gives the jacket look perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome dip-dying technique! Looks great. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card, love this dip dying technique!
    Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for joining at CSCC#3.

    ReplyDelete