Thursday, May 15, 2014

My first layout...

Hi! The latest challenge at Beyond Grey Challenges: BGC #51 is a wonderful sketch for a layout.


I was very happy when this challenge was announced as I have been wanting to get into scrap booking seriously for a long time. I have, of course, done several digital layouts, but physical layouts are a different ball game altogether!

So here is my take on this fun sketch.



I found this lovely pic of my husband and the kids playing and decided to use it. I wanted to use bright colours in the layout to convey a sense of joy and fun.

I converted the pic to gray scale to make it stand out. The little tab is to note the year this pic was taken.

The paper pieced band is made up of little squares of paper scraps that I die cut, pasted and then stitched over. The floral DP is actually a tissue paper that I stuck to a piece of card stock using cling film.

The car

the plane and 

the boat are all from the Shapeabilities Play Time Cut/Emboss & Stencil Die set which I bought from Itsy Bitsy ages ago. 

The glitter alphas are also from Itsy Bitsy. I changed the position of the title since I did not want to take away any thing from the band which actually reminds me of a warm and cosy quilt. The final touch were the dashed lines which add some movement to the design.

I am entering this layout in the following challenges:

Beyond Grey

Sentimental Sundays

CAS-ual Fridays
I have used 3 DPs, 3 toy die cuts and there are three people in the pic.

Virginia's View Challenge

Hope you liked my first attempt at a layout. Would love to hear what you think of it!

Love,
Nan

9 comments:

  1. So bright and fun! Wonderful layout!! Thanks for joining us at BGC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable and cheerful LO, Nandini. Love the stitched colourful panel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and happy page and your stitching is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing stitch work, Nan! Your layout is awesome with the mixed patterns and stitched panels! It was created with love and it totally shows through! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout and fabulous stitching!!! Love the stitched panels idea .
    Thanks for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats some stitch work ! Love the twist on the Sketch :)
    beautifully done !
    Thanks for playing along BGC this fortnight !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fantastic! I like the way you took the sketch and colours here!
    Thank you for playing along BGC#51

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really fun layout - I love how you've used colour and texture to reinforce the message of the photo focal point! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Look at that patch work!!! This totally rocks!
    hugs,
    Erum
    Sentimental Sundays DT

    ReplyDelete